APPOINTMENT Cancellation Policy
● Two full business days’ notice (48 hours) is required to change a scheduled appointment.
● It is the responsibility of the patient to remember their own appointment time, however our offices will continue to give courtesy reminders on average 1 week in advance as well as 1-3 days before scheduled appointment date.
● If text/email reminders are the preferred contact method, please inform us by filling out the last portion of this letter.
● Patients are highly encouraged to arrive 5-10 mins prior to their procedure start time as often there are forms that need to be updated such as medical history and or procedures that preparatory in nature that needs to be done prior to initiating treatment. Arriving late may result in having your procedure cancelled or altered due to lack of time in the schedule.
Private Dental Insurance Policy
We currently are an “assignment” office, meaning that, for the convenience of our patients, we are willing to have the insurance assigned directly to our office allowing the patient to pay any
remaining balance. However, Since insurance policies are agreements made between the patients themselves and the insurance provider, it is solely the patient's responsibility to maintain and review the coverage level and details. Our offices will happily provide the patient with any assistance required to understand their coverage. Our offices will also submit pre-determinations for any treatment plans upon request.
To enable assignment of benefits PATIENT MUST :
● Present a current insurance card at each appointment
● Determine the maximum $’s the plan covers per year **
● Determine the frequency for coverage of recall exam/polish/fluoride **
● Determine the number of units of scaling allowed per year **
● Determine whether the benefit year is a calendar year OR rolling months **
**These insurance details can only be accessed by calling insurance provider, online through the insurance company or by contacting the HR office of the employer. Please note that the insurance company may not give our office this information due to privacy laws.**
PLEASE NOTE: Our office accepts assignment of benefits from most insurance companies. Some insurance companies do NOT allow assignment of benefits and pay directly to the patient. In such cases, the patient would be required to pay the balance owing on the date of each appointment and we will submit the dental claim on their behalf.
Government issued insurance policy
Our offices are pleased to provide non-discriminatory quality oral care to our community members. We, therefore, accept both private and government funded dental insurance programs.
1) Patient must check their own eligibility for coverage, coverage cards come with an expiry date.
2) Patient must present their card at each appointment or risk that treatment may not take place that day until a proof of coverage is produced
3) If the patient consents to accepting a treatment modality or purchasing a product that is otherwise not covered by their plan, they will be fully responsible for the payment of such services when rendered.
90 Day Policy for Secondary Insurance
As stated above, our office accepts assignment of benefits. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to send secondary insurance claims electronically. In cases where a patient has secondary/dual insurance, we will require the policy holder’s original signature on the claim form in order to be paid from the second company. This also applies to primary insurance for some patients (ie: Global Benefits) as they do not have the capability for the office to submit electronically and therefore are sent by paper claim. We will gladly give the patient the secondary insurance forms before leaving the office for the policyholder to sign, and give the instructions whether to bring it back to the office or send it directly to the insurance company as this will differ depending on the situation. If we do not receive payment from either insurance company after 90 days then the patient will be responsible for the outstanding balance and will need to consult with the insurance company privately. We will gladly provide any paperwork necessary for you to receive payment.